Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 24, 2007

A Comic? Not Yet! A Movie? Pick One ya Mamzer!

My classes are alllllll done! Now I can sit back and relax a bit...what? What do you mean I still have to put a comic out? Crap. Alright, I'll get back to work. Coming up pretty soon, I'll post my comics final. It's yet unifinished, but I'm getting it done. I like it so far. Eventually, Golden Brown will return. I PROMISE! Just sit tight.

My sister was in the hospital for a few days two weeks ago, having some surgery. She was a little stressed, but she went through it okay and got out on the weekend. She got to bring her family up to stay at Travelodge, which was cool cause they'd never stayed here yet. My mom came, too.

We went to Karissa's mom's place this weekend, it was pretty fun. It was weird, though, because her mom moved after Christmas last year, so this was the first Christmas in their new house. Isabella got lots of princess toys, and a Barbie with a penguin sewn to her pajamas.
After getting home Sunday, we unpacked quickly so we could mak it (very very late) to Aiden's birthday party. We missed his unsuccessful try at eating cake, but he didn't mind. Isabella helped him open his gift from us, we all had cake & ice cream, and anything before all that, you can wait for April's post to read about.

Tonight, we're doing Christmas Eve at home. Y'know, family stuff and junk. This weekend we're going to my dad's place to do X-Mas #3. I'm not going to be able to fit my fabulous cardboard upright bass into the car (did I mention it works?) to show Derek, but I told him we could possibly just make another one in DL. I think he's just excited to get to use his garage for man stuff, like making cardboard instruments.

What the hell have I been watching this time? Not so much as you'd think. On TCM, they played Haxan, which is a kickass Danish documentary about witchcraft made in the 1920's. I used to rent this one all the time when the movie place in Devils Lake was still called "Video Max". Possibly the coolest, creepiest Devil I've ever seen in an old movie.
I didn't watch Haxan, though, I have the DVD. I did catch the movie after it.
The Seventh Victim- is about a girl who is trying to find her missing sister in Mahattan. There's a secret husband, a love triangle, and Satanists. Sounds cool, right? Not so much. The acting is alright, but at the end, after the girl's sister escapes their clutches (really, they're just embittered high society folks), the husband and the missing girl's psychiatrist basically chew them out for having strayed onto the wrong path. What worse is that they're buying it! Wow, it was really easy back then to convert Satanists! All you had to do was quote from the Lord's prayer about forgiving people their trespasses, and they just give up their evil ways.
Silent Night- Ironically I found this movie by chance on the Trinity Broadcast Network and I loved it. A German woman and her son flee to a hunting cabin in the woods (where else would a hunting cabin be?) to keep distanced from the war. Not long after three American soldiers lost from their unit barge in, one wounded, needing lodging. After some tense arguments, she lets them stay so long as they put their rifles outside. Not long after that, some German soldiers lost from their unit show up. More tense arguing between them, the woman, and the Americans, and a temporary truce is offered. It's Christmas Eve, and the group finds themselves having to sit down to Christmas dinner with eachother. Honestly, not a likely situation at all, but the movie was well acted (including German language barriers and heavy accents) and the tense moments were actually tense.
SLC Punk!- I know I've mentioned this one before, but it's a fucking cool movie set in the '80's about a couple of guys from Salt Lake City, Utah who live the punk lifestyle to its fullest and promote anarchy and chaos. Matthew Lillard played his role perfectly.
Suburbia- This is low budget flick that was made in 1984 and a couple weeks back on TCM Underground. It's not well-acted, but it's still a cool movie, very extreme subject matter at times. Mainly it's about punks squatting in an abandoned house in a bad area populated equally with wild dogs. Weird thing about this movie? A very young Mike B. "the Flea" makes his acting debut.

What am I reading? I'm currently reading about Moundbuilders and Women of the Third Reich...and Fangoria.
Signing off,
Irving Jackalman
(I don't know why Jackalman when I'm a werewolf-type schmeckel; so silly this name is!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<