Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Basement Film Night


My final homework assignment is complete! There is one discussion to do for this class, and then I'm all done for the summer. This isn't the end to my painting, though. One of my classes next fall involves painting for at least part of it.
I think I'll miss this class a little, because it kicked me in the ass to try a new medium, one that I wasn't very keen on trying. As I got into it, I actually started to like it. I started getting better ideas (though some flops) for subjects to paint, and I couldn't believe I got stuff to look like the stuff it's supposed to.
I do find it funny that when I look at other painters' works, the first things I notice are "other than focal point" objects. It's sometimes annoying, because I cannot get my eyes to follow the painting around to its focal point, and it takes longer for me to "get" it. But in my own stuff, most of my favorite parts are background and non-focal-point things. I like my brick wall here more than everything else.
Anyway, the new page of Golden Brown is actually already done, but you'll all have to wait til Friday. Sorry, that comes down from management, not my policy. Karissa laughed at it, though.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron Morrison said...

Interesting compo using old technology which of course makes it interesting to me.

2:56 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I share the sentiment. I'm actually a big antique junkie.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Its all good but I love the bricks and mortor.

12:37 PM  
Blogger William K. Moore said...

Grimm nice work. Your rendering of metal is really convincing. I too like the juxtoposition of machine and red brick. I give you an A -screw the teacher.. reminds me of watching home movies at the grandparents house.. everyone was smoking.. even the kids.

1:54 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Thanks!
I am trying to get it working. It did turn on and run, but started to smoke itself a little. I cleaned it a bit, put stuff back in, and tried again. Unfortunately it popped a fuse in one outlet, and made a nice spark in the other, so I temporarily gave up. But i got another one to Frankenstein with it. I have a one-episode reel of the '40's Batman serial I want to watch on it.
Glad it brought out nostalgia!

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<