Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Got Dem Type O Blues

I got the new Type O Negative CD in the mail today!! Karissa wouldn't give it to me for like 10 minutes, god she's mean. It is a kickass CD, though--it's got a shot pf Rasputin on the front and is called "Dead Again". I noticed some of the songs have a little Russian bounce to them also, I wonder if they meant it sounf coincide with the imagery, or if that was just me making connections that weren't there.
I love it! There is a lot of old Type O style in it, fast and screaming along with complete melodic changes midsong, but it also has some different sounding stuff, too. "September Sun" sounds melancholy in a different way than Type O usually sounds, but kicks into classic Type O after ways in. Songs like "Tripping a Blind Man", "Prophet of Doom", and "These Three Things" sound like Type O's older stuff. Halloween in Heaven sounds like a Misfits cover, but still bery cool. When Type O plays a punk-style song, it doesn't sound very punk, but it does sound cool.
Jason, I got us a room with two beds, so don't go pulling that "I-got-scared-can-come-sleep-with-you" bit, I'm starting to believe you aren't really that scared. Gross. I'm not sure of the amount yet, about $60-ish.
On a slightly related note (and also pertaining to the last comment LP left on my previous post), my uncle Mark is having a ShuffleCats reunion. The ShuffleCats had been together for quite a few years until their breakup about 5(?) years ago. Since then, Mark's been involved in a couple other bands like Cold Front and Mark Anthony's Storm Project. He's played with a ton of big names and was one of the Northern Blues bands that helped kids like Johnny Lang and Shannon Curfman get into the music scene that lead to their big breaks.
The ShuffleCats are playing at Playmaker's House of Rock in Fargo, ND on 3/17. Here's a link with a litte more info:
http://www.playmakersfargo.com/index.jsp?mode=events&id=178
Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger lunacypoppa said...

You are one sick puppy. I'll show you scared, I'll make you look at the text mesages I get and then we'll see whos scared. I'll be in town next week for a conferance on the 21st. I'll give you a call later.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<