Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, June 26, 2006

Dougie's Big Brown Weekend

We just got back today from our "official vacation of '06"! We went to April's dad's lake cabin and spent four days out in cheap recreation. The first night was fun because one of the neighbors was throwing a 40th birthday party, and had Rick Singer's band playing for it. We didn't go to the party, rather just sat on the deck and listened to the music (I got to hear Folsom Prison & Sunday Morning Coming Down--he did a good job). We had awesome steak that night, you could almost have cut it with a butter knife, thanks to Kevin. Saturday, I STILL managed to get cartoons in on the old TV while Karissa made her now-famous breakfast burritos. Then we went to Sully's Hill. I haven't been there since they'd redone it, and it looked a bit different, but still cool. I do miss the playground area, though. I think they took it out. Then we drove around Ft. Totten a little, because Karissa had never seen it.
Butto came over later, we all went on the boat at various times, and had grilled chicken. Kevin got stir-crazy that night, so he, Butto and I ended up walking half-way around the lake. We would have gone farther, but I wanted to go back, and they listened to me. It was still pretty cool, I don't even remember the last time I went a-walking with a group.
Sunday morning was one of experimentation. Karissa experimented making 'baked' bacon, while Kevin made french toast on the grill--without Cinnamon! Well, we were out, but still, it and the bacon turned out great. Afterward April took off to do her stuff, and Kevin popped in the Punisher. Yes, we spent 2 hours on a beautiful day inside the cabin watching a DVD, so sue us. After that we went on the boat again, and scraped my arm when Kevin hit a huge wave. Then April got back, and her parents came over, and her uncle Roger (who I used to work with for the city), and Tab & Derek. It was a whole bunch of fun, there was also some good ribs, and then it got dark.
Oh, and I got the new Golden Brown done out there. While we were all out enjoying ourselves, I wsa pluggin away trying to finish the inks. Actually, while we were out there, everytime I started drawing, I just felt totally relaxed. My attention problems didn't even seem to exist, everyone was having a good time, and stuff just got done. A lot of people have already read it, though. But anyone who didn't happen to be out at the lake, it's up of the Bone Daddy blog, so enjoy!
It sucked having to leave, but all good vacations do have to end, otherwise maybe they won't be so good for long. It did feel really good to get home, though. Nothing beats coming home to a clean house that you like living in!
I'm not posting any pictures, because Karissa's gonna do that. Besides, I like her captions better.
Isabella's coming home tomorrow! I won't say it hasn't been a fun, relaxing weekend without worrying what she's getting into, but Karissa and I have both missed her like crazy and can't wait to have her back, even if she does manage to spill something five minutes after she walks in the door.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend at the lake. We haven't had a full day w/o Emily yet, but hopefully we'll try to do that soon. It would probably do all three of us some good.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<