Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 03, 2006

Hungry?

I'm watching the movie Ravenous right now. I saw it about 5 years ago, and loved it, and I can't believe it's actually on again. It's not a real gore fest, but its subject matter alone makes it unfit for the squeamish. It's about a Captain who wins a battle in the Mexican-American War, and gets a backhanded promotion when a general finds out it was because of an act of cowardice. He's transferred to a post out in the sierra Nevadas to a 3rd in command position. He soon finds himself in the company of cannibals, and is eventually forced to become one to survive. It's one of those truly fucked up stories that ends up not getting the recognition it deserves for the actor's effort, the plotline, and the overall questions it asks of its viewers. Even the ending is great.
Anyways, I thought I'd bring it up because it's on, and because it deals with a topic you guys know I love to talk about--long pork.

5 Comments:

Blogger BoneDaddy said...

To go along with the post, I thought this article was pretty cool--it's about how meat and it's levels of flavor.

2:09 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

sorry-forgot the address:

http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscience/20000717chicken1.asp

2:10 AM  
Blogger April said...

hm.. interesting Doug. So, if Rabbit tastes like Chicken, and Aligator tastes like Chicken, but Ostrage (sp?) tastes like beef... what would kittens taste like? I'm guessing chicken, because like humans they wear their fat on the outside.

I think if I was stranded on a mountain, and Kevin died, I would eat him. Yup, I would. Prolly his calf muscle fist. Now do you have any articles on the long term effects on cannibolism... like mental illness or indigestive problems?

2:46 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Probably, kittens would taste like pork or chicken.
I'll keep my eyes peeled for other articles, but so far, no signs of mental illness, no long term effects, at least not so different as from other meats.

7:06 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Okay, I just reread my message, and it sounds like I tried it and have not yet experienced side effects. That'd be a little creepy...

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<