Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 27, 2006

SkullBurritoMoneyGouacheChiaroscuroWasherChickenBMFmania (or, Our Weekend)



The actual fossa of the temporals looks too smooth, but otherwise, I like how it turned out for an hour's work. It was a bit hasty, but oh well, at least I got it turned in on time.

Anyway, we had a very busy weekend. About 6am on Friday morning, I was sitting there bored at work, so I decided to check my bank account. Our timing apparently couldn't have been better, because we were heading to DL for the weekend, and our car needed an oil change bad. Not to worry, because my automated bank teller informed me with no enthusiasm that our tax return had come in. We're finally able to pay off the last of our bills, and we've got some mad money left over to spend--I can also buy my stupid gouache paints finally.

We went to DL to help Kevin & April move the rest of their stuff. Kevin had a little less trouble than Amadon in obtaining a U-Haul, and we managed to get everything loaded in about 5 hours, unloaded in 1 1/2 hours. The girls snubbed me & Kevin because we both wanted to ride in the U-Haul, but they wanted to ride in a car together. After we got everything unloaded, we went to Mike's to celebrate April's official arrival to her new "home", then went back to their place where we watched our old band practice video that had been lost for 4 years, and April miraculously found. It featured a sans-facial hair me with no concept of tone, a jittery ADD-ridden Amadon with dyed-black hair and no timing, a quiet Derek with spikey orange hair and bass tablature, and the voice & drum of Kevin, who did not appear in the video due to the placement of the camera (we'll get you in there next time, Kevin).

Today we did some more shopping--Karissa got her Qdoba's queso burrito, I got a couple graphic novels, Kevin & April got some stuff to make a chicken dinner which turned out really good. Then we installed his washer & dryer, then went home where I frantically finished my drawing only to find out the time on the school's discussion/submission board is an hour off, and I had an extra 45 minutes. But, like I said, I don't mind how it turned out, I think I did okay on the chiaroscuro concept, and it's in.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be posting a painted assignment for Color & Design.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

nice skull

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<