Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Bad Drunk, a Studying Punk and a Mad Monk (walk into a bar...)

I know, I know, I haven't posted in a while. Hasn't been a really exciting week, to tell you the truth. The party was fun. We hadn'y had an official housewarming yet, and I was excited to see how comfortable the place would make for a party. I don't like parties where there's no room to breathe (why Doug is rarely seen at keggers) or where I don't know anyone. Of course, if it's at my house, it's not so bad to not know people, because I always try to make them feel at home enough to sit down and relax.
But, unfortunately, I drank too much. I was not the only one at least. Some of you guys didn't feel so hot in the morning, either! We had to (as in, no other choice was available) get to Mayville by 9 or 10, so we foolishly dragged our asses out to the car, and got on the road. I'll tell you guys one thing: I love my body. It always warns me about when something's gonna go wrong, but gives me time to realize what has to be done. So when we were on I-29 not 10 miles out, I felt that familiar "constricting" feeling in my throat that told me to find an Exit NOW. This happened once more before we hit the Exit to Mayville, and I'm proud at least to say that there were no embarrassing messes to clean up.
On a side note: I hope I didn't bore Ben too much with my talking about music, but when we get another guy in the fold, and I haven't pushed all my interests onto him yet, I go a little crazy. Especially if I've been drinking. It's like a religious fanatic thing. And if you guys party with us again, I'm probably gonna do it again. So there. Oh, and Ben get your Cello up and running, because someday I may stop over with an acoustic! Bastard.
Anyway, Devils Run was fun, but everyone's pretty much talked that one out, so I'm leaving it at that. Money's a little tight, but again, everyone seems to have been tightening their belts during this time, so again, enough about that.
I started my other History class Monday. It's about Russia since 1855. It actually sounds like it might be fun. We have to select a book to write a critical review paper on, and I'm excited about that, because of course I get to write about the Rasputin File. Although its 500 pages to read in three weeks, so that part sucks.
That leads me to the only question I have right now:
What is your opinion on Grigory Effimovich Rasputin?

6 Comments:

Blogger April said...

From what I briefly read after you FORCED me to geek out on google, I think its a load of crap. I mean a person is not reincarnated into himself... if there is reincarnation at all that is. Besides, he looks creepy and the pics scared me so I didn't read anything past his death and reincarnation crap. Look at those eyes...he gives me the heeby jeebies!+

11:00 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

The thing with Rasp, is that I can't really believe that someon can go through all that and not die but maybe that's why he looks the way he does in those pics. Who knows, all the medical mystery stuff could have happened, I just don't understand how.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I have nothing against the guy. My thing is that I'm amazed that the queen of Russia (queen? princess?...) would fall for his shit and how he could turn so many other people into believing his crap. Have fun reading that book because it took me forever to finish it. Not because it's boring, but there's just lots of shit to read in it.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

ha (not meant to be mean) Am I the only person who didn't puck after taht night was done? I felt like it but I didn't, I slept on the bathroom floor but i didn't puck. Wow I really didn't come off sounding so great from that.....lol

1:07 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I know I didn't puke either. I never really felt sick at all, but I did feel drunk for awhile after we woke up in the morning. I totally thought you were going to puke Amber. I'm surprised you didn't and I'm glad you didn't. :)

3:16 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

I was super surprised to. I was pretty gone. lol and I'm a bad drunk. But thanks for the really fun night guys ;)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<