Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 11, 2005

A Guy Pissed on Our Coke Machine...

Yeah, it's pretty much self-explanatory. A guy who works construction and stays with us pretty frequently came down tonight because he locked himself out of his room (he was drunk). Three seconds later, another guest comes stomping down from the pool area, points a finger at the drunk guy, and tells me this guy just pissed on the Coke machine. The guy tries to deny it, but this other guest had watched him do it, and was also sober. So I went back to check it out, and sure enough, my training in forensics told me splatter on the ground and on the front of the machine looked and smelled similar to urine. Examining the length of urine splatter on the ground, I determined the exact height of the suspects crotch from the ground and made a match. Alright, I just basically looked at it and decided to believe the accuser over the accusee. I came back and asked the drunk guy about four more times, staring him dead in the eyes and making no effort at politeness, but he kept denying it. Since I didn't see it happen and can't actually prove it was him, I let him stay, but not without a warning that if I hear anything else about him, he's out. That threat's getting a lot of mileage lately. Something good is bound to happen to me soon, I just know it.
On the upshot, I FINALLY got a damned comment card. I don't mind that other employees get them, but it chaps my ass that people get them the first week they work, and it took me over a year to get a guest to mention how I helped them. I don't know, I do good work (sometimes great work), and seeing the place look better after I get through with it, or seeing a guest actually surprised at the good service they get should be reward enough, but sometimes a guy likes to get random kudos from someone he doesn't even know but helped find a good place to eat or brought him a new remote.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

Doug, after everything I read, I just can't help but think that fate has it out for you. You get the most rotten luck of any receptionist that I know. Don't feel bad though cause when I worked at the Comfort Inn, the maids came to the desk screaming one day because hunters cleaned ducks in the sink of their room.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Wow, you sure get the winners don't you.

10:39 PM  
Blogger April said...

ewwwww. just ewwww! I would have rubbed his nose in it!!! and said "BAD GUEST, BAD!!"

2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<