Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Some Kind of Documentary

Karissa & I just got done watching Some Kind of Monster (the Metallica documentary). It was kind of surreal watching these guys argue and pick at each other. The weirdest part was that although everyone knows how the story ends, you keep watching the documentary and letting yourself wonder if the band will make it throughout the month. It gave a little more insight into some of the controversial concepts like the absence of solos on the album and the Newsted quitting the band.
I still have to say that anyone who says they don't sound anything like they used to isn't really listening to the music. You can't just hear it on the surface or hear the first few riffs and dismiss it. I even like the different style they're going with right now, but I can still hear familiar chord progressions, similar attitudes, and I'll be damned if most of the riffs in Sweet Amber aren't 100% vintage Metallica (listen to the distorted part of the intro & the interlude--fast galloping riffs). I've fought with virtually every one of my friends on this and I think they'll just have to accept being wrong.

3 Comments:

Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Lol, I love the last sentence you typed.

9:15 PM  
Blogger April said...

I wasn't listening to you when you were talking about it... but okay, I'm probably wrong anyway :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Sorry, I think I was talking mainly about Amadon & Kevin...

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<