Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, February 07, 2005

Further Problems With Vagrants

Guess who was still staying at my motel as of last night? The same couple who checked in Thursday, the one with the slurring old native American lady who hit on me. Apparently she hit on Jim yesterday as well. Last night she called again, wondering why their message light was on. I explained to her (as Jim had twice already) that they had a $15.60 phone bill to take care. She made one call and apparently it lasted like an hour. I can believe it. She probably had two questions for whoever the fuck she called. She had "no idea" who she could have called, niether did her husband.
Anyway, within the hour after she called down, I received three complaints about arguing coming from their room. I called them once to tell them to quiet down, and finally got fed up with them after the second two calls and called the cops. Cops came, had me call the taxi, and we all headed up to the room. It took them forever to answer the door, and they kept trying to argue (through the stupor) that they weren't arguing. Then the guy started calling his wife a fucking witch who can't shut her mouth, and so forth. One of the officers told him to get up and get dressed, and when he got out of bed, we all SAW that he was buck-assed naked. Yum. He takes around ten minutes just to find his pants, the wife is half-crying because they're actually homeless, and then we also find out that the name he gave at check-in isn't even his name. When we get downstairs, we find out they have no money to pay their phone bill or their cab fare, so the driver walks out with a huff, and the couple leaves on foot. The cops joke around with me for a minute about it and leave.
It doesn't stop there! About an hour and a half later, a guest comes down and tells me there's a couple camping out under the pool stairs! I half-stomp down the hallway. I got a little swamped with laundry because Jim sometimes gets lazy, and the morning person for whatever reason didn't clean up after breakfast. I might have had time to get it all done with ease, but it took around 45 minutes to get these people out, so now I was going to have to haul ass.
I confront them, and she's smoking. She says, "I'll put this cigarette out right now." to try to appease me a little, but I'm not stupid and I notice how small and "blunt" it is, not to mention the smell (which I wouldn't have been able to recognize except for all the people trying to describe the odor to me, so here I was finally able to make the association). At this point, I was through being polite with them, so I told them they had two minutes to GET OUT or I was calling the police. I didn't care where the fuck they went, as long as they got out of the motel.
So, by the end of my shift, I had all the laundry done and the breakfast area mostly clean with an unvacuumed floor. Things could've gone worse.

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

OH MY GOD! That was a VERY entertaining story... too bad it happened and you had to deal with them, but funny non the less! That would have totally sucked! They had money to buy drugs, but not pay their bill.... hm...so thats where my ta... oh I mean... I'll just shut up now.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

April won't say it, but I will...

"Yes! That is exactly where our tax money went!!"

11:14 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I like the comment about the tax money. Very funny!

11:58 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

A reality show is a great idea! The could call it, "Dougie: Front Desk Whore". They'd probably get lots of good stuff following Doug around because he works at two hotels. Plus, he's sexy so he already has the look to be on a reality show. :)

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<