Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

A Midweek Post?

I got back into my comics reading a little again the past couple weeks. One of the books I read is called One Bad Rat by Bryan Talbot. I didn't realize at first, but the book really looks into the mind of sexual abuse from the "victim" point of view. An English runaway developes a deep interest in rats and leads an oddly parallel life to Beatrix Potter. Eventually she learns to face her demons (at one point almost literally as she confronts her dad about how he molested her). Talbot was contacted by many abuse survivors after this book came out and complimented on the accuracy of his portrayal of the emotional burden being hefted by the main character. I found another Rushdie book, too--this time one of his earlier works.
It's been a shitty week for movies. I'm not sure how many I'd be able to talk about by Friday. I've had weeks in the past where nothing was on until Thursday, and then all of a sudden I'd see 4 movies in a day or something. So we'll see. I've already got a new page mostly done on the comic, so by Friday it'll be good and ready. I may not post again until Saturday--Some kids are putting on Metalfest at the EGF Eagles Club on Saturday at 6pm, so I'd like to check it out. If I can make it, I'll wait to post. Maybe there'll be pictures, but no promises.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<