Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, March 07, 2008

Get Your Hands Off Me, You Blood-Sucking Space Ranger!










I had a PB&J sandwich a little bit ago, and I decided to put grape jelly and strawberry jelly on it. It changed my life.
These pictures are from the past couple weeks of my Heads & Hands class. We're focusing on hands this week.
I got a new page of Golden Brown out on Friday, so go fucking read it. Now.
I'm still working my way through the Satanic Verses. the library called a few days ago to let me know they went ahead and renewed it again for me, which I thought was a pretty courteous gesture when they could have charged me late fees. I swear I must be the slowest reader.
Our van is still awesome. The newness hasn't worn off yet, and I love sitting in a driver's seat that isn't all cramped and that has a seat that is for the CAPTAIN.
I got my projector working okay, but the panel is a little old, so the image doesn't move very smoothly, and it tends to vertically smoosh the image. Oh well, for a homemade setup under $100, it's not a bad start. For about $50 more, I can get a "torpedo" projector that does essentially the same thing.
I'm having serious issues getting the goat-lele functional. It's pissing me off.

What am I Watching?
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter- Do I really need to say what this is about? Jesus Christ spends his second coming fighting vampires. He looks somewhat traditional at first, but early on gets his hair buzzed, his ear pierced, a modern change of clothes, and a notion to kick vampire ass. The vampires hav received skin grafs from a mad doctor, who was actually one of the better actors of the movie (which is ironic, given that most mad scientist characters are over-the-top). This enables them to walk around in daylight. Not the last bit believable, but hey, the director was thinkin. What really struck me as odd is that there were a couple musical numbers in the movie. There were some crude special effects that helped make the movie funny, and I think just maybe I have a shot at the title. This is the first Christploitation flick I think I have ever seen.

Saw III-This came in our Netflix and sat in the house gathering dust for almost a month before I got sick of not getting our money's worth out of it. It takes off from the first two, torturing people by making them watch his little toy dummy talk while they try to excape from their respective torture devices. It wasn't too bad, and we finally see what happens to Jigsaw and his 'apprentice'. There were some pretty good 'tests', most of which focused on a man who had lost his son in a car accident and, after being forced to confront all those responsible, is left with a choice of saving them or himself. One thing that really started to piss me off was that the director was trying too hard to stylize the movie. There were too many cut-up shots of expressionistic filler scenes.

Rocky Jones: Space Ranger- Space Ranger Doug. Space Ranger Doug. Space Ranger Ranger Ranger...Rocky. Made back in the 1950's, This tv show follows the exploits of Rocky Jones, a space ranger for the United Planets who is incredibly sexist toward his unwanted female navigator. Apparently in the ""future"", space rangers dress either in space-aged ninja tunics or in a simple t-shirt with those dorky crushed-front baseball caps, just like their 6-year-old sons. It was okay.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

I am totally going to try that PB and J Idea that sounds yuuuuummmmy.

I really like the drawing of the hands where the one is gripping the arm it really stood out to me for some reason.

7:24 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Thanks, my teacher thought so, too.

10:05 AM  
Blogger April said...

First of all, Space Rangers wear long black trench coats with duct tape. Second of all, I like your hands, all of them are nice... I remember when I was little and I would find my mom's scetch books, I always wondered why she wouldn't just draw a whole person. Why was there always just parts of people on one page... first hands, some noses, some eyes on another page... it was kind of creepy to me. But these hands are not creepy, they are good :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I think I was just ahead of my time, like George Lucas when he decided to have hippies fight Nazis in space.

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<