Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Another One Bites the Blog

Blogger has claimed another casualty, and this time, it's personal!
Actually, it's my brother, Jas. During an unintentional drinking bout a while back, I finally showed him my business card, without which he never would have remembered my blog (Hunter's have notoriously bad memories). It took him long enough, but he got around to reading my comics, and finally started his own blog, which is this:
www.lunacypoppa.blogspot.com .


I hear tell Aiden is doing better these days. We were going to stop over yesterday, but we got overwhelmed with cleaning up the aftermath of Isabella's room. The reason everything got so messy is because we just moved in her big-girl bed (yay!) and a whole friggin bed set came with it. Jas helped me move all of it from Mayville last week, and it took a couple days to organize it. Her room looks much different now than it did a week ago.
Isabella's naps are getting shorter by the month now, I'm afraid pretty soon they'll be gone and we'll have to put up with her all day instead of sectioning it off. But she does sleep well in her new bed at night. We opted to skip the toddler bed and go straight for the twin so we could have the whole bed set in there, and it's funny how tiny she is in it.


I've inked about half a page so far of Golden Brown, it should be out Friday morning. Considering I started the penciling two days ago, to be halfway done with the inks is pretty damned good for me. One might notice a lack of greys on my last one, expect more of it. I still love the markers, but I drew so many overly midtoned drawings last semester, I got kind of sick of seeing all the greys. Besides, I'm a black & white kinda guy, evrybody knows that. Plus it helps me work of shadows as well as shading, puts some grittiness back into the comic (especially the fight scenes) and cuts down on "production" time.
For the record, I did go back and reread my Sin City comics to help me keep up the style, but the comics looks and reads more like a Will Eisner comic. That's not a bad thing, but I hope to do more serious comics with that same grittiness to them. I've got a whole notebook of ideas just waiting to be released, and even Brandt contacted me recently with interests of writing for me. I brought it up to him last summer at the now-infamous street dance, and he hadn't given much thought to it, but now he seems to see something more in it. He mentioned liking the style of the Preacher series, which I haven't read, but I have read some of creator Garth Ennis' other stuff, and I like it. So we'll see.
But anyway, I have to get ready for work. Remember the comic on Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I can't seem to get the link to his blog to actually work, just type it in manually.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<