Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Kickass Wedding Weekend (Congrats Amber & Ben)

I'll just preface this by saying that Amber & Ben had a kickass wedding. Everyone looked so happy during the ceremony, and and it was cool to have a wedding reception in the clubhouse overlooking the lake. Actually, it's been a REALLY long time since I've been able to look out on the lake in the middle of the night, and doing so again gave me a particularily cool moment of nostalgia.
I wasn't really even drunk during the dollar dance, but I outdid myself. I got in line to dance with Ben, as is my strongly held tradition for every wedding dance I go to (ask anyone who's invited me to a wedding). When it was my turn, I asked Ben if he was a strong man. He said he was, and I asked him if he was sure, and I jumped on him. True to his word, he caught me and held me for five awkward seconds, grinding his pelvis into my like a rhino. Okay, maybe I made the last part up, but it was still pretty cool. You don't forget Doug coming to your wedding dance.
Anyway, some other stuff happened, then Amadon and Josie came. This created something of an even more awkward situation which I don't have the patience to explain right now (besides, there are others who could do a much better job at it). Kevin & Butto approached Amadon at the bar and took him to a booth to talk to him about it, and somewhere along the way, Kevin completely lost his patience. Mind you, Kevin's been the polite one all this time. I gave up on Amadon centuries ago, but Kevin, even though fed up, was still trying to be a peacemaker. So, to push a guy like him over the edge and make him as angry as I saw him, well that takes a special talent. Bravo to you, Amadon and Josie. I'm sure you're still wondering why he got som mad.
As much as I wanted to sit in on that little talk, I figured I shouldn't. Looking back, I don't know why I didn't. Yeah, it was awkward, but I'm not the one in trouble here, so why didn't I hang around there? Maybe it just because I had nothing to say, and it would have looked funny, me just sitting there saying "Cool!" when Kevin lost it.
Ben's daddy brought in some 'cowboy whiskey', which was mainly just Everclear with some sugar water (or something like that) in it, which was cool. Kevin and I brought in some Jack's from our own private reserves.
Anyway, back to the wedding reception/dance. I liked the food, I liked the champagne, Karissa loved that she got to be in the slideshow (even if she was shown lay-dancing on the floor). I loved the mix played for their first dance. The first part of it was Apocalyptica's version of Nothing Else Matters, which made it classy and cool and the same time. I felt a little surge of pride, too, because I got Ben into Apocalyptica, so there.
Seems like a fun time was had by all and I hope Ben and Amber have a fun honeymoon (and hey, get out of the hotel once in a while, we're gonna want to see some pics of the scenery!). Oh, and I hope Kevin likes his little "belated birthday gift" I left in their kitchen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

I will firmly stand behind Doug when he says that you don't forget him at a wedding reception. At my wedding Doug, Kevin, and Amadon when onto the dance floor with chairs while nobody else was dancing and did this really cool, very hysterical dance thing. I couldn't even try to tell you what it was....but I do have the pics to prove it!!!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

Doug even as drunk as I was I couldn't forget you being there. What with how sweet you were to bring me coffee and water:)

Plus, when ben told me that story I almost seriously popped some organs with how hard I was laughing.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<