Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch...

http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic
Just thought I'd throw that link in there. It's a comic about a couple of dinosaurs who basically just talk about anything. Funny as hell, though. And it took me reading about 4 of them to realize the pictures are the exact same from comic to comic, just different dialogue.
Well, I've managed to seriously piss off someone else. I don't come off as nice as I used to. It's funny, though, that when I just don't tell someone when something about them is bothering me, it bothers me even more. When I started being more honest, like telling someone I was tired of hearing them bitch all the time and to do something about what they were bitching about, I felt much better.
Well, of course it's selfish. And sometimes, people gotta bitch. That's cool. For the most part, I don't mind hearing it. But hearing the same story over and over again, well, it gets tiresome. And it's not like I haven't been told off before. Kevin flipped ass on me once when I was going through an extreme apathy phase.
I was recently told (paraphrasing) I must be bored to make someone's life hell. Well, I don't know. I actually thought about it, too. Is it that I'm bored with my life? I kind of doubt it. I've been doing stuff all summer, like going on small road trips to Valley City or to April's parents' lake cabin, stuff like that. I've been really excited to get back to school (yeah, I was surprised when I realized that, too). I've been drawing the comic on a fairly regular basis since the semester ended (which leaves me wondering about the status of it once school starts back up again).
So, no, I don't really think I'm that bored yet. I think it's frustration. Yes, boredom is a type of frustration, but it's not the same. To create a personal hell for someone, you can't just be bored. That doesn't really even make sense. I don't know. All the online fights I've involved myself in, and I'm being honest that even if I didn't start them, they didn't elevate themselves,--with all of them, I felt I made some really good points. I didn't feel I hit too low of blows (except one time when the point became slightly misconstrued, which I'm not gonna boil up again as this is not the right time to do it), because I was trying to get a valid point across, and the more petty you get with a fight, the less credible you sound. Not to say the other side was being petty, either.
Really, as impossible as it may seem, I'm not out to get these people. It's just that I want them to stop being the way they're being, because it's having a bad effect on the people around them, or it's at someone else's expense.
("no Doug, you're not selfish...") Gee, thanks, but really I am. And don't I deserve to be? I mean, if I am a person. Everything I do revolves around my well-being. I like my self. It's a good self. Do you know how hard it is to find a self you like?
Anyway, I had an interesting weekend, but I'm a little tired, and took too much time bitching about...myself, apparently.
Anyway, I did get a new Golden Brown out earlier this afternoon, just to let people know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<