Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Crazy Old Things and Derek

I'm gonna go quick, because Karissa wants me outside to watch the coming storm.
Friday: Helped Amber & Ben move, very hot, but very good burgers towards the end. Oh, and I got to meet Ambers old Mexican guitar, I of course tuned it and played it and it was fucking awesome.
Saturday: My muscles hurt a bit, I hadn't slept (night shift), and it was still freakin hot, but Kevin & I went to Cooperstown to meet with Derek. We hit an antique/coffee store, then went to a place called "The Post Office" with Derek. Very good food, and a fancy little place for Cooperstown. We got to Valley City and headed for the farmstead owned by Kevin's uncle--see pics below. Had a blast--it was like a freaky car cemetery, though extremely hot out, and I got good and burned. No woodticks on me, though. Hit an antique mall before heading back to Cooperstown. Yes, I'll freely admit that I love antiques and other sorts of old shit. I wish they made a "musty car" air freshner. And that doesn't make me any less a man! The parasol doesn't help, though.
Sunday, Karissa, Isabella and I went to Crystal to visit my Grandma, who hadn't met Isabella yet and is slowly succumbing to dementia. Sad, yes, but who can cry about it when she's still a spitfire and has a picture of Billy Ray Cyrus on her wall??? Seriously, it was above the TV and when I finally just asked her about it, she replied that she liked him. Okaaaaaayyyy...
Anyway, we're back home, my dad called me to tease me about not know the "shorter" route back from Crystal, we finished off Godfather II, and now it's storming, so I'm gonna check it out. Oh yeah, and most of our weekends are going to be something like this for the rest of July, so bring it on!!

3 Comments:

Blogger william wray said...

Boy I would have loved to go painting there... like for a week.

8:16 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Yeah, I never thought of that! The rust really jumps out in some of those pics, too, and the texturing of the wood on the old sheds would be right up your alley.

9:09 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

As they say in the city: Word. Time to organize a junk car painting workshop

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<