Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

"Shuffling Out of Life"...

I didn't want to let go of the Johnny Cash video, but I think it's time to quiet the tribute a little. So, I've opted to replace it with a video by Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, about that sweet little walk to the electric chair. It's kind of a look at what might go on in one's mind during such a walk, and it's filled with overtly religious overtones, which might all mingle in one's mind with the thought of imminent death and such. Funny that I chose this song, because Johnny Cash also covered this one, and it kicked much ass.
I haven't given you guys a good question to ponder for a long time, now, and I wish to continue to honor the 'running gag', so here it is--or rather, here they are:
You're on death row. Go ahead, make up a crime to get you there.

1. What would you have for your last meal?
2. What would you listen to for your last song?
3. What do you suppose you would be thinking while on the "dead man's walk"?

The ones who are guilty (not simply wrongly accused) may or may not deserve it (a debate for another time), but they are the ones being faced with these questions, and many take the opportunity to try and make peace with themselves with their choices. Anyone who thinks it is wrong to take all this for granted misunderstands my point. Part of "living life to the fullest" is not living every day like it was your last, because everything you did would be out of fear. I would much rather revel in the moment without worry of the next.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

1. Steak, beer, chili w/onions, cheese, & sour cream, Qdoba's queso burrito, beer, chocolate mousse, egg rolls w/ sweet & sour sauce, beer

2. Guns N' Roses "November Rain"

3. I sure hope I'm right about this atheist thing...

I agree with you that you shouldn't necessarily live life like everyday is your last. Who wants to be scared they are about to die all the time?

2:27 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

1. pancakes, waffles, mashed potatoes and gravy, a hot turkey, pizza, Ckn Fett., a chili dog, my nummy chicken rollups that I make, knefla soup, a french dip, and lots and lots of chocolate everything from cake to candies what do I care about calories I'm going to be dead anyway. I'd eat like gluttony was going out of style.

2. Tiny Dancer by Elton John. I know its corny but its mine and bens song and to me its about life.

3. I hope there a god and I hope my family doesn't miss me and that they understand and have come to terms with why I'm being killed.

I agree and disagree with you shouldn't live each day like its your last and I know you hate gray areas so I'll explain. Living each day like its your last shouldn't be out of fear. It should be out of love for life. It should be telling your family that you love them all the time so that they know and you know how each other feels, it should be enjoying each breath in your lungs, and all of the small things that you take for granted. The statement to live each day likes its your last is to remind you of this and not scare you into thinking that your going to die.

12:34 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I see your point, but I still have to say the statement just serves to remind you that you better get your ass in gear, 'cause you may drop dead tomorrow. I perceive that as a threat, and if that statement were made of physical matter, I would ask it to leave my house but for its rudeness.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<