Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

A Note on Song Selection and a Quick Reminder

I'm not going to say much, Is is sitting with me, and there's no telling when she'll decide to "help".
I talked to Kevin a little bit about some of the songs in the list and how playable they are. I think a big thing we need to think about when picking songs is how hard parts of it might be. Are there heavily layered tracks that might not sound as good with only two guitars? How much improvisation can we do with the chord progression of a song (i.e. Glycerine has been done with just Gavin & a guitar, we can improve it and make it doable with a three-piece band, a lot of songs aren't that easy).
Also how hard is the solo? And how much will it take away from the song if we cut it out (take the solos out of ANY song played by Slash and see what's left).
I know we want to be able to just go in and play, but we're not professionals. We do have to take the time to learn some of this stuff, and we have to take even more time to able to play it together to the degree that it sounds like we're all playing the same song.
There were some good songs on there, though, and I would like to try some of them out.
Anyway, don't forget Amadon, let us know if 11/25 will work for you. If it won't I won't have to worry about bringing my stuff. If it does work, make sure you get the babysitter thing worked out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I say don't even remind him about the babysitter thing anymore. With all the times you've tried to get ahold of him, if he can't get a babysitter for that day then it sucks to be him. I realize you and Kevin would be screwed too, but honestly you can only give so many nudges to a fully grown man before they have to just do it themselves.

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<