Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 21, 2005

Good Times

I recovered nicely from Saturday night. I was hung over and managing the brakefast area at the motel, but overall it wasn't too bad, I was just really tired. As you probably read in Karissa's post, I relented and let Karissa put up Christmas stuff. I think we're close enough to Turkey Day that I can stand seeing the Christmas setup.
I've been feeling kind of good this past weekend. I'm not sure I should be, I mean, we're still poor as shit, I have to learn perspective and draw from life during the next week and a half (in the slowly cooling weather no less), and ever since I put the "Hurt" video on my blog, I can't get it out of my head, and it keeps reminding me of the day Karissa told me about Johnny Cash dying.
But then I think, yeah, we're poor, but we're managing. Good perspective drawing is hard as fucking hell for me, but I'm still proud of the job I did on Jack, and I've gotten this far, so it can't be impossible--and I'll deal with the weather. And I'm glad on some level that I remind myself constantly of all those "days the music died", because people should remember legends even when they fall. Besides, the movie about him was good.
Besides all of that, a good time was had Saturday night. I watched Amber and Ben do what I hope to see them do on their wedding night (dancing you idiots). I think it's cool when two people can get into one thing like that, and make something like dancing actually look like fun. I'm lucky I can play, 'cause I can't dance for shit.
Also, Isabella came back Sunday, and it's always good to have her back. I don't think we can take leaving her for more than two days at a time. You get attached to that chubby little smile.
Anyway, I'm just feeling good about myself right now, so I thought everyone should know how awesome I am.
Go Vikes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

you are soooo awesome sister!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

I had fun on saturday too. We all should do it more often then every 6 months!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

i agree with amber. are you going to be in DL the friday after thanksgiving amber? you should come to the guys practice this time.

11:36 AM  
Blogger April said...

To join the DOUG FAN CLUB... you can to to www.dougistheman.com and sign up. Tell 'um the president (that would be me) sent you and receive a free "I LOVE DOUG" baby T~!while supplies last.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<