Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 05, 2008

My Homemade Upright Bass!

I was finally able to get a little video of my homemade upright bass. I modified it over the past few weeks: now it has four strings, homemade tuning pegs, and the two middle strings are raised like on a real upright. It's still not perfect, but way better than it was. The sound is shitty because I had to use a mic and a shitty bass amp to amplify it (eventually I'll get an acoustic pickup or something for it). I plugged a keyboard into the bass amp and got the same quality of sound. Sorry. But I'm still excited about the fact that it works!

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Tab said...

That's pretty crazy, Doug! I can't believe you made a bass out of a cardboard box! I mean, I figured it would work and all, but it's awesome that it really works?! Cool!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Cara said...

I think its totally cool that you made this -

12:23 PM  
Blogger lunacypoppa said...

That's cool! You will never grow up and I hope you don't. You made stuff out of cardboard when we were kids and I see you haven't lost your touch.

3:24 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Tab-
I'm still a little surprised it worked myself.
Cara-
This is what happens when you can't afford the nicer things...you just make them. Good thing I found an awesome girlfriend before I had to resort to this!
Jas-
Yeah except this stuff actually works!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I really am awesome. Plus, anything you can do to not spend money makes me happy...which makes YOU awesome. Wow! We are so freaking awesome!

9:05 PM  
Blogger william wray said...

tahts really cool...
If I had to go to prison, I'd like you to be my cellie.

6:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boredom and creativity are a main feature in life. If you can entertain yourself with the something you made outta nothing, then with that you can go very far in life!

-kelly

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<