Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Advertising!! And a Week or Two in Review


I can't say that I don't get by with a little help from my friends. April & Kevin had a few of these shirts made for me. They and Karissa kept this from me for TWO WEEKS until they were finished! These shirts are awesome, I like the reversed black/white, and I would wear this to work if I could get away with it.
We WILL be wearing these to the Ozzy/Rob Zombie concert for damned sure. I'll be sporting this to the Hellyeah concert as well.
Thank you April & Kevin!!

Quick recap of the last couple weeks:
Karissa, Isabella and I went with her mom and sister to see her great grandma in Bismarck. It was unseasonably hot, but we had a good time. Her great grandma's almost 100 years old, and is still pretty aware of what's going on around her. While in Bismarck, we checked out the museum at the capitol and I took some cliche tourist pictures of Karissa and Isabella on the capitol steps--which Karissa will eventually post on her own blog...someday.
The museum was pretty cool. We got Isabella a dinosaur dig kit and a plush mastodon, plus I managed to surprise Karissa with a Native American cookbook. We stayed at the Super 8. The rooms were small but clean.
Before leaving, we checked out a big pumpkin patch. By pumpkin patch I mean big fucking pumpkin celebration. There was a concession barn, a train ride (made of metal barrels, Isabella rode it twice), a haybale maze, and a pumpkin catapult. Oh and a huge god damned load of pumpkins of every variety you could think of. It was fun to just wander around and look at stuff. Seeing all the pumpkins and drinking cider and eating pumpkin pie & pumpkin cookies made it feel like fall. It was like a big pumpkin Auschwitz, I tell ya.
The hornet problem is pretty much gone, but we had to contend with a new nuisance last weekend: yardwork.
Karissa raked leaves & cleaned house, I pulled out the garden and took down the vine, which proved to be a bitch. Vines are strong and I swear to Doug it fought me. As it was getting dark, Karissa and I sat at the back porch, and I braided pieces of vine together to make a cool Fall wreath...a manly Fall wreath. Then we watched Django while I made a second, smaller wreath.
The whole hornet thing had screwed up my first week of school, so I've been spended a lot of time catching up. At least that's what I tell myself. It could really be that I've had it easy during the summer with the Golden Brown comic, and now that I'm getting down to serious drawing, my anti-student brain kicks in and slows me down. Whatever. I'm getting back to somewhat normal scheduling, so I'm good.
Unfortunately, I've put Golden Brown on TEMPORARY HIATUS. I mean strictly temporary. I promise he will return and I will fix the cliffhanger, but right now I've got to focus on my school work. I have posted a new comic, which will only be a few pages long when finished, but at least you can enjoy something in the meantime, and I will keep you posted on the status of Golden Brown as we go. Also, a little preview of a short comic to come: a fairytale. That's all I'm sayin'.

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I'm so glad you like the shirts, Karissa and I were very excited, to say the least, about them!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

Those shirt kick ass! How can I score one of those? I loved the, "I swear by Doug" quote and have included it in my top 10 quotes. I am going to use that one as much as possible.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<