Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Substitution For Golden Brown, This Weekend We're Hittin' the Town!

Well, I'll keep this somewhat short.
First off, if you haven't toddled over to April's blog to check out the new design for Derek's metal stuff, go now! www.aprilsthoughts.blogspot.com It's very cool.

I opted to skip Golden Brown this week, because we've been preparing for a trip, and I wanted a little time to work on it over the weekend & next week. In the meantime, if you check out the BoneDaddy blog, you'll find a non-related cartoon I drew for Ernie, my boss.
I like Ernie, because he doesn't chug along the same railroad track as everyone else. He often comes off as shy or unapproachable, but is always willing to help out guests at work, even if that means driving them to the airport so they don't waste money on what he considers an outrageous cab fair. He also doesn't like the Wyndham Hotel bigwigs telling him what to do all the time, and often goes against their requests, which I think is why we still have a choice in uniforms.
Anyway, he asked me one day to do a cartoon for him (for what purpose I have no idea). He was very thorough in his request, and once I got a little ahead on Golden Brown, I was finally able to get it done for him. He thought it was really cool, and paid me $50 for it, which I wasn't even expecting.

We just got done watching the fireworks display a little bit ago. Isabella was a little scared and clung to me the whole time. She was very brave, though, and never even whimpered, even through the big mortar blasts. Right as the last booms sounded out, we felt little drops of rain hitting us, and within 5 minutes, it was coming down cats & dogs.

Tomorrow, we start our trip! We've been planning this for a loooooong time and I can't believe we're finally doing it. It's nothing new, we're going to Alexandria, MN for the weekend and camping one of those nights. For the most part, we're hitting the antique stores and museums and not giving a shit what else we do! Hopefully I'll have some interesting pictures come Sunday night!
Toksha!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

The rain thing is crazy, we were on the nd side of the river and we were super worried it was going to pour but it didn't get that bad. I love how unpredictable storms are.

11:25 PM  
Blogger April said...

Thanks for the shout out! Hope you guys has a BLAST on your trip!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Your boss sounds cool. Hope you guys have a great trip - be safe!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ron Morrison said...

Have fun and take some car shots if you can.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<