Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, June 17, 2007

FotosaFariFarmersmarketFathersDayFFFF!!!

The weekend was fun. I got into the archaeology lab Friday to get started on my illustrating. It felt nice being back in that stuffy lab looking at projectile points, but I had a hard time getting started. It'll get better once I get into it.
On Saturday, we went to Farmer's Market and got a Juneberry pie and some kuchen samples. Next weekend Karissa hopes to get Rhubarb pie...mmmmmm...rhubarb...yeah.
Anyway, we also wandered into Poupoura for lunch. Some woman who managed a store in the Columbia Mall opened a Poupoura coffee shop in the mall, but recently was able to open another one downtown on 3rd st, right across from the town square. It's also one of many sites to see during Grand Forks' Art & Wine Walk every 3rd Saturday of the month. We're hoping in July we might finally be able to do the walk. Saturday afternoon found us in Whitey's Wonderbar with Karissa's mom for Karissa's belated birthday dinner (photo of Whitey's down a little ways on my blog under the ArtFest post).
Today, I called my dad to wish him a happy Fadda's Day, and Jas sent me a text message with the same. We really didn't celebrate anything other than me having an excuse to sit on the couch all day. As I type this, I'm sitting on the floor. Karissa already gave me my official Father's Day Ukelele Thursday, and today I settled down with my Father's Day IBC root beer, so I'm already pretty set.
Oh yeah, on Friday night I went on a little urban safari. It spanned 3 parking garages and a cemetery, and took about 3 hours before I finally made it home. I was bored and wanted cityscape photos--the drawback? I had to drive to do it instead of walk, because I wanted shots Grand Forks, not East Grand.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Overall it sounds like a great weekend.

9:44 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

It was pretty good. I didn't do so much to feel like my weekend was shot, nor too little to think I could have had a more productive weekend.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Chris Ousley said...

IBC Rootbeer. That's the best. I love it. You a Ukelele man? I have a CD with the accompanying song book called "The Cats Meow" Uke Favorites from the Roaring 20's by Ian Whitcomb. I don't play uke or guitar but I play along with my keyboard. I like the 20's and the music from then. Plus J.C. Leyendecker ruled America then. Illustration anyway... Thanks for the visits to my blog.

10:56 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I'm typically a Sioux City man myself (it's a childhood thing), but for some reason it's hard as hell to find here except in the odd gas station.
I'm actually more of a guitar man, but I've been messing around with a ukulele for about 6 months now. Tiny instruments are sometimes just the coolest things.
Is that 20's music like ragtime or R&B (I mean back when it WASN'T hip hop). That sounds like a cool cd, I should look for it.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Sioux City is not down here in Tennessee. At least I have not seen it. I bet it's good. That CD runs from bluesey to jazzy. Some sounds like that music you hear when they show flappers on TV or Al Jolson. I tried guitar way back but gravitated to keyboards at the same time and stuck with those.

11:08 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I've been meaning to incorporate more Al Jolson jokes into the comic. Another good root beer is Henry Weinhardt's.
I've only within the past couple years started liking the way a piano sounds, and only within the last 2 months have been learning to play.
I've heard piano's much easier to learn than other instruments, but it's still a hell of a challenge to me.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<