Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, June 11, 2007

ArtFest!

This weekend ArtFest came to town. In the last couple of years, we got into the habit of going both days instead of just one, that way we didn't have to work to look at everything all at once. It was supposed to be storming all weekend, but it only rained a bit on Saturday, then stayed sunny the rest of the weekend. Isabella came down with a fever, but was excited to go outside and do stuff, so we gave her some medicine and just get watch over her during the outing. Most of the time one couldn't even tell she was running a fever, because she acted completely normal the whole time. She's a trooper.
We got another railroad depot illustration from John Cartwright, a wooden biplane for Isabella to go with her trains and cars (she sometimes likes them more than the fancy, high-tech crap), and I got to chat with some cool artists. One guy did paintings in the style of the Lascaux or Chauvet cave paintings in France.
I also got a couple business cards, which I collect. One guy did some impressive canvas/computer crossevers, his site is www.jmiller.myexpose.com.
Another I talked was a Texan woman was hardcore acrylic. She likes looking at other mediums, but refuses to work anything but acrylic. Although I won't refuse to try a different medium, I've grown to love acrylics myself for their ease of set-up and clean-up, so it was pretty cool seeing what she was able to do with it. Her site is www.judithcavazos.com.
All in all, a pretty cool weekend. I got to try awesome deep-fried walleye chunks (I normally HATE fish) and beer-batter fries with cheese. My digestive system gladly paid a hefty price.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Morrison said...

I do these things on a regular basis, always a weather fight.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<