Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, June 08, 2007

Drawing Like a Deadman!

The weeks are going so fast now, it feels like I still have June to look forward to, and it's already here! Get your ass in gear, Doug.
I got in touch with my old archaeology teacher at UND last week about doing some volunteer lab stuff. I haven't been in touch with anyone around there for 2 years, and I've been thinking a lot about going back to the lab for a little while now. Actually, I was thinking more about stretching my illustrating bone (yeah, it really exists--it's one of the tarsals on your foot. Go look it up!)
As luck would have it, she's doing an analysis of a site in Nevada and has a collection here that she would like illustrated--some of them I already had done during my indepedent studies while still at UND. She thought it would be a good idea, so I'm going to devote a few hours of my week to scientific endeavors once again. Also, I had done an illustration of a Mimbres pot for an article she was writing for a book, and the book finally came out! So I am officially a published illustrator. Granted, it's one book that will be read mainly be students, but still very cool.
I was telling Karissa the other day, on our way to see Kevin and April, about how I was approaching my summer schedule in a smart way by not overloading my plate. Then Kevin tells me about a position that's open at Altru for a flex-shift Diener. If you don't know what that is, I'm going to go ahead and let you guys look it up. I'm scared that I'll spread myself too thin, but Karissa's backing m on all this, and this particular job is one I've always wanted to try.
Well, I am off to Artfest! Good food, good art, good music, and a whole lot of walking around...an maybe some more good food.
--By the way, new Golden Brown will be out by 9:30am Friday. Just so you know.

3 Comments:

Blogger lunacypoppa said...

I'm not looking that up so just tell me what the hell that is.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ron Morrison said...

Have fun.

1:27 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Poppa-
Sorry, little guy, you'll have to wait just a bit to know it, then, unless someone else looks it up and blabs. By the way, Bill Moore liked the deer head shots and is thinking of using it.
Ron-
Thanks! Hopefully I'll have some pics after the weekend.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<