Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Little Art Instruction, a Little Laundry, and No Way Out...

I'm taking a break from all these baby shananigans. I'm not sick of reading about Josie's baby or anything, so don't go thinking I'm a big jerk--I just felt like turning on to another exit.
I'm also taking a break from drawing. I've been a little slow this week with my assignments, and they're not these time consuming renderings like last time.
I happened to catch Karissa's last comment before posting, so I thought I'd check out the blog she mentioned, and this guy seems pretty cool. He's a professor with a history in comics & animation (after my own heart!), and he has a publication called Draw! which I take this blog to be named after. He's got a lot to say about the comics industry, good and bad, so I thought I'd put up the link here.
www.drawman.blogspot.com
So what am I listening to righ now?
Well, I'm not really listening to anything at the moment. I'm sitting on a bench outside the motel, enjoying a little cool air. I was just in the laundry room, where it got a little too warm, and in there I was listening to my usual mix. One song in particular, though, I've felt like I've had to listen to lately. It's called "My Confession" by Otep. Otep is headed by a female singer who can growl as good as any Phil Anselmo, but contrasts that with a beaten down, tortured whine/wail, kind of like a desperate cry for help before going completely fucking nuts.
Karissa doesn't like this song, because it creeps her out the way this chick screams. I love the song, though, partly because she'll get really quiet at certain points, almost to a whisper, and then she & the band all throw down at the same time, practically killing your speakers.
You'll never catch me giving a line like "this song really speaks to me". I think that's the cheesiest line of thinking and makes the assumption that it is the only song with that kind of melody or lyrical value. Bullshit. About 300 songs speak to me then. My anthem would turn into nothing but a huge bunch of noise as all those songs compete to speak the loudest.
But, I will say that there are songs I can relate to at given times. It's another statement a lot of people make, but this one I believe is true. That being said, there are parts of he song that I can relate to lyrically.
Well, breakfast won't make itself, and pictures won't draw themselves, so I better get back to the grind.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I demand that you stop listening to that song!

1:02 PM  
Blogger April said...

that girl scares me too, I mean, is she on steroids... her vocal chords must throb... if they can throb that is... I'm sure hers do. That is unnatural, she sounds like a dude, and it scares me.

6:29 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Holy crap, someone else actually listened to it? I kind of figured with some these bands people would just take my word for it!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<