Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dead Things, and a Trip to the Hollows...

We've recently come upon the sacred Halloween decorations in our basement, and decided that it's finally time to set up the house. Last year, we were too preoccupied with Isabella, and didn't even think much about Halloween. Honestly, I don't think we even looked at halloween stuff last year.
So this year, I've been looking forward to getting my skulls out. Isabella may not be quite old enough yet to fully enjoy Halloween, but it's a perfect age to expose her to spooky stuff and show her that it's alright.
To add to the spirit, she even helped me put together my zombie arm. Well, no, she really just grabbed the hand and tried to crush it, but at least she got a little interaction with her dad.
My family now has a resting place in the backyard garden, marked by 2 big crosses, and 1 little one.
I call it "Hunter's Hollow".

5 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Hunters Hollow... very cute. oh and just as you were adding your word varifications... I was posting.. so two posts I didn't have to do it and i was thinking "ah this is nice not to have that word thing at the bottom" then the next post it asked for one... it was funny

11:06 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

Ekkkk!!!! That stuff might actually freak me out! (of course I am a chicken like you've never seen one) but oh so fun! I'm glad you posted pics of your decorating. I'm really starting to love Halloween!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Last year I loved having a bloody hand coming out of our fireplace and I had everything decorated all spooky but I'm afraid this year we might not be able to do as much because of the baby but I love halloween and thank god you're not one of those people that has cutesie halloween things all over. I personally think it kinda ruins the whole halloween atmosphere. Nice decorations.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I don't like the cute halloween stuff either. I've been trying to find a candy dish for halloween and they are all cute, so I'm boycotting halloween dishes until I find a good one.

We didn't do anything for halloween last year either since bell-bell was just born, but at least it gets easier to decorate and stuff and actually think about halloween once they are a little older.

7:50 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I don't like cute crap either. The deader, the better.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<