Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, December 18, 2006

Loser Story Pout, School's Almost Out, and a Sick Baby (no rhyme there)

Hope everyone enjoyed the intermission! Sorry about the long short story, but I'm proud of it. The winner's story got published in the East Grand Forks Exponent, and it sucked. Seriously, not just me being bitter (I would only have got $50 for 1st prize anyway), but the story described ritual a girl went through to become "one of them".
Anyway, like April posted over a week ago, Butto came over with his Wii, and we finally got to try it out. Although I have no intentions of paying what Nintendo is asking for that system, I will say it was an assload of fun and I'm surprised there weren't more dents in April & Kevin's ceiling.
The night before, we got together at Kevin & April's, had some pizza, and later Ben finally brought over his cello for us to check out. I checked my archives (for other things at first), and found that I'd been asking Ben to bring over his cello off and on since July 2005. Of course I could have gone over there, but I still think it would be a little rude to walk in there door and say, "Shut up--I just came to play the cello," and then make way to the instrument. But, it was fun. I've never played a cello before, and doing so slightly drunk made me sound better. Now we just need a guitar accompaniment...and maybe a harmonica, and we can form the first death-bluegrass band.
School's coming down to a close this semester, and I can't wait for that. Not because the semester sucked, though. I actually had fun doing these assignments, we were given a LOT more freedom with my two classes, I've been wanting to learn more about drawing clothed figures and drawing in different types of perspective, and I all around didn't feel as stressed as I had the first two semesters. I'm definitely feeling better than Spring semester. I'm thinking about doing a summer session too, although I don't think my loans cover that. My comic assignment was the last one in Perspective, now I just have to sketch a mansion in various perspectives to show I understand them, and one last composition in Clothed Figure which I already have in mind.
Isabella got really sick Saturday night. She hadn't been eating very well and had nasty diapers. That night, she was screaming bloody murder in her crib. I picked her up, heard a gurgle, and watched her throw up on me and the floor. Neither Karissa nor I have weak stomachs, but the smell was just nauseating, and seemed stuck in our noses the whole night. I went out to get some medicine, and ran into an old friend from my Budget Inn Express days, who now works at Altru. She said it was probably Nora Virus (spelling?). It's been going around like crazy, and Isabella had those symptoms. I got back with some children's Pepto (her tummy was the worst thing bothering her at that point). She finished chewing it, then threw up all over me again. Later, w tried to get her to lay down on the floor with a blanket, but she kept getting up, holding her tummy, which was now a little big and firm, then running around one of us in a circle before settling down. At one point, she stopped behind Karissa, and most ungodly sound came out of her ass. Her tummy deflated slightly, and she was finally able to sleep by about 1:30 AM or so.
Sunday she seemed fine and ate really well, but I got a call from Karissa about 2:30 AM that Isabella had thrown up again. Hopefully this is the last of the virus, it's hard to see her like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

Seriously, a death-bluegrass band would be awesome. I love it!

10:21 AM  
Blogger April said...

hm... death-bluegrass... I'll give you creative at most... but I don't think it would catch on very fast.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<