Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 20, 2006

Depression Guitar

This guitar was finished in 1934 in Philadelphia. It just sold on Ebay for $81.99, and it is one of the coolest acoustic guitars I have ever seen. My only regret is that I wasn't that guy who could afford to throw $80 at this guitar, otherwise I'd be showing it to each and every one of you in person. I LOVE the sharp angular body, the neck that overlaps the hexagonal sound hole, also the HAND-CARVED & initialed bridge.
While I'm on it, I saw an extremely well-done custom acoustic guitar in Scott's Music for over &2000. It was made by a lawyer in Grand Forks. It has a sharp bottom cutaway and f-cut holes on either side (imagine the holes on a violin) and was laquered and shiny to beat all hell. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<