Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Playin' My Instrument Again, Another Vikings Win, Halloween 'Spirit' Begins

I suppose I should talk about my weekend. Okay then. Kevin & I played bachelors since the girls both had to work this past weekend. We loaded the car with musical equipment and a baby and headed down to DL. Friday night, we tracked down Butto (we actually had to do a little tracking, go figure), and ended up waiting for him at his freakishly messy apartment. Yeah, I was a little scared something was living under all of it.
Anyway, we three went to Champions, me with the intention of nursing one beer for the night and be the responsible driver. While I was nursing, the bartender came up and asked if I was 'Doug'. I was honest with her, and found out she was my brother's friend who I drew the skull tattoo for last summer. She showed me her appreciation that night by giving me a free shot of Jack. I gotta do more tattoos for bartenders.
We weren't there for long before my brother, who had been in GF the whole day and went to a hockey game, showed up. So, we hung out with him the rest of the time and argued about music--mostly Metallica, because Kevin and Butto were successfully trying to be douchebags and tell me St. Anger sucked to get a rise out of me (to which I replied "ACDC sucks, too!").
That night I dreamt we had forgotten Isabella in a restaurant, and by the time we went back for her, another family had claimed her. That was NOT a good dream at all.
Saturday night, Kevin and I went over to Derek & Tabs to play. We didn't sound very good at all, but we did actually make a little progress in reteaching Derek to play some Misfits stuff, and even got to try out "Lie Detector" by Reverend Horton Heat. I'd still like to work with Ben, too and see what we can do with a cello--also, if you're interested, Ben, I have a crappy bass I can teach you to play. Just a thought.
Sunday we watched the Vikings win against a shitty team. Oh well, a win's a win. I was very happy, and Detroit is now 0-5 (they suck worse than Packers!!).
I have officially begun putting up Halloween stuff. I have some big ideas for things, though I think w've pretty much bought all the decorations we needed. Also, I have a very super-special, absolutely spectacular secret project I want to get done as soon as I can before Halloween. It's not a comic, nor is it an assignment for school. That's ALL I'M GONNA SAY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<