Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Happy New Year! Ring Those Cold Bells!

The great thing about me is that I have an unconventional sleep schedule, so you guys never actually know when I'm gonna post!
Anyway, Happy New Year to those of you I don't see this weekend.
About the video:
I thought it was time to move on. I didn't know at first that Zakk Wylde had actually done a video for "In This River", otherwise I would have posted it 12/8. Jason told me it was "haunting"--not the kind of word a big biker dude keeps much in his vocabulary much, so I had to check it out. Now it has the same effect the Johnny Cash version of "Hurt" has, so I can't really watch it much anymore. So on to new beginnings.
I was going to choose a Killswitch Engage song to post, but for some reason I ended up watching So Cold by Breaking Benjamin. I did not realize this song was on the Hellboy soundtrack, and therefore did not realize the video would be anything like that. The janitor in this video has some serious fantasy/reality issues, and I thought it was really cool seeing him geek out to a disturbing degree at work. I also had to check to see if they actually make a stone fist you can buy (cause you know I totally would), but the only one I found is being sold on eBay for over 200 US. Oh well.
The other night I got to watch one of my silent movies, called The Bells. It's not too bad, but only called a "horror" movie because Boris Karloff was in it. But this was his pre-Frankenstein days, so back then, I doubt this movie was dubbed as such. It is supposed to be based on a Poe story, and some of the elements of the story really bring it out. You never really know if the ghost he encounters is real or a figment of his imagination--he's alone whenever he sees him. And there isn't really a "moral to the story" ending. Another thing I liked was the appearance of the Mesmerist. He is one of the many aspects of the movie that make everyone compare it to the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari.
I've got more, but I have to get Is up for the day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

BOO! I'm a ghost...

2:11 PM  
Blogger April said...

DURRR... youre a dork

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<